Monday, February 15, 2010

Onesie

Apparently I moved to the North Pole, because it is snowing yet again, this time just a powdered sugar dusting on a giant white(ish) cake. Although the novelty has certainly worn off, the falling flakes against a blackened sky still brought a softened serenity to my return commute home.

With Gus visiting his parents, I returned to an empty home. One toothbrush and one teacup, one side of the banter silenced and one side of the bed cold, yet now three pillows and the couch to myself. Despite being teased as having the tenacity of a honey badger, I am also often found to be scared of my own shadow. Tonight, door locks will be double-checked and a "night light" left on, just in case.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete