Thursday, May 13, 2010

Burger Joint

For dinner tonight, we tried out a new place in town called Elevation Burger in Wynnewood, PA. Their sustainability shtick seemed like a taste of home, but apparently they're primarily a mid-Atlantic start up franchise with locations (shockingly, given Elevation's commitment to the environment) in Texas and Florida, two states I don't exactly associate with reduce, reuse, recycle.

Hailing from the hallowed land of Dick's Drive In and Burgermaster, I consider myself somewhat of a cheeseburger connoisseur - I definitely know what I like and I've been known to take my burgers seriously. Elevation's offerings are made with 100% grass fed organic beef and topped with real cheddar, with a list of pick-your-own ingredients. I had their cheeseburger with lettuce, tomatoes, raw onions, ketchup and mayonnaise and I must say it was delicious! Not too big, not too small, fresh vegetables (although I do prefer shredded to the leaf they offered), soft bun and a generous serving of sauciness which I like.

On the side, Gus and I split a serving of their fries which are a thinner cut potato fried in olive oil until nice and crispy. I could have used a little more salt but other than that, they were delicious!

I keep hearing that Five Guys Burgers and Fries is also great and it's definitely on our growing list of Things to Eat before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment