Saturday, October 3, 2009

Little Things

I don't have anything of much importance to say today. We're hosting friends for dinner, so spent the morning cleaning and collecting ingredients. All our laundry but a set of sheets on the line is done, as is the ironing. I just took a plum galette out of the oven that smells heavenly. Gus is drying the last of the dishes as I steal a minute to write down a few thoughts.

Outside, comforting Saturday neighborhood sounds. Birds that decided to stick it out for the winter, a weed-eater, kids riding bikes down the street.  The late afternoon sun falling on the trees, some beginning to turn. A breeze through the window flutters the newspaper on the couch. This morning, I collected a few leaves that had fallen along with some acorns. Along with a tiny pumpkin, they add to the few fall decorations I put out.

Nothing much fancy, but I'm happy. Content and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment