Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Prose All Stars

I'm completely enamored by the book I'm reading. It's the type of book that when you're not reading it, you're thinking about it and when you are reading it, you're completely lost in the story, to the point where you almost miss your train stop, both on the way to and from work (ahem...)!

The book is Savage Beauty by Nancy Milford, and it tells the life story of Edna St. Vincent Millay. The author was made famous by her bestseller Zelda, the biography of Zelda Fitzgerald, wife of F. Scott, for which she was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award. I hadn't read Zelda when I picked up her more recent offering, but now it's on my book list.

At over 500 pages, I can't offer a definitive review of the entire book, as I'm only 1/6 of the way through. But if this is any indication, last night I chose reading it over watching Law and Order: SVU, and I love me some Stabler and Benson!

P.S. I bought some sweet footwear that I am l-o-v-i-n-g, a pair of black Converse Chuck Taylors. I think they make my feet look long and thin, which is always a good thing, even if it's just feet, right? Hey, I'll take skinnyizing anytime I can get it!

1 comment:

  1. Love the shoes and Law and Order:SUV is now on Wednesday nights at 9. By the time you read this it will be too late. This biography of Edna St Vincent Millay is fantastic and when it was first published it was with great acclaim. Good writer but she had a fascinating subject to write about.

    ReplyDelete