Friday, December 18, 2009

TGIF

Today wasn't one of my best, a day long and cold and full of irritation, culminating in finding a three day shut off notice for the water in our building. This utility is not our financial responsibility but rather that of our irresponsible and flip landlord who suggested I "not worry about it" when I called to tell him about the notice.

But, I'm home now, safe and sound. The front stoop was stacked with packages and parcels filled with gifts sent from afar. I turned on the Christmas lights and arranged the added gifts under the tree. Gus will be home shortly to make a good, warm dinner. Best of all, a massive snow storm, nicknamed the Winter Wallop, threatens the mid-Atlantic, with predictions of up to a foot of snow to begin falling after midnight and possible blizzard conditions, meaning I can put off the very last of my Christmas shopping for another time and instead spend tomorrow baking and working on craft projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment