Friday, September 4, 2009

Blog Shmog

Okay, I admit it, today I'm grouchy. The weather turned hot again and my hands and feet feel like sausages. My nemesis the air conditioner is back on. I put it off as long as I could but finally gave in. All I want to write about is what we're making for dinner so that is all you're going to get.

For those of you still reading...

To start, French bread crostini topped with artichoke hearts and fresh dill with the last of summer's Lillet. Then, organic roast chicken rubbed in olive oil and stuffed with garlic, lemon, rosemary and thyme. On the side, wilted spinach with shallots and romaine hearts with goat cheese dressing. Somehow I'll work in some chives, as our fading garden is overrun with them. We've still got our gorgeous Chateauneuf-du-Pape from last weekend's dinner party (our friends were generous in their alcohol contributions to the evening) so we'll enjoy that splurge.

Once it cools down, maybe a walk in the neighborhood to see any late season fireflies, reflect on the week behind us and makes plans for our three days off together.

A fun and safe Friday to all!

1 comment:

  1. Hot September is the hottest of them all. September means cool and crisp. I found a big yellow/orange squash in my garden today, I had missed it before! Happy Labor Day weekend!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete