Monday, November 2, 2009

Jerk Face

This afternoon, I had a meeting to attend across campus and afterward, I walked back to my office by way of 35th, a busy street that creates the eastern edge of the pedestrian portion of Penn's campus. It rained over the weekend but today is dry and cold, with a pale sunny sky and a slight breeze. As I approached the crosswalk something caught the corner of my eye. I turned toward the street in time to see a massive SUV with tinted windows race through a deep, wide puddle, spraying up a massive fan of water that rained down all over my right side. My pants, coat and purse all were splattered with ugly Philadelphia street water. I would have easily hurled a juicy obscenity while glaring down the driver from the depths of my soul but he was long gone, racing through a red light toward wherever it is that assholes go on Monday afternoons in November. Already feeling fragile, I did the next best thing which was to hang my head and cry hot, frustrated tears while hurrying back to the safety of my office.

I'm trying to keep a positive post-vacation attitude but this is certainly not helping. What goes around, comes around pal!

No comments:

Post a Comment