Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday Evening Post

I spent today immersed in what I love most, working creatively with my hands. First thing this morning, I put together a tri-fold poster for my church's volunteer fair tomorrow. Construction paper, glue stick and markers, oh my! At the same time church members are asked to make a financial commitment for next year, the various committees are also asking for a commitment of time. Since I'm a member of the Social Ministry Committee, I volunteered to make a poster highlighting some of the work we do. Our volunteer opportunities include feeding the hungry and tutoring school children in West Philadelphia, delivering flowers to church members and helping homeless families right here on the Main Line. I hope my fellow committee members like it!

I also wrapped my first Christmas gift! Our church participates in a program called Christmas Ingathering through Lutheran Children and Family Services where members purchase gifts for needy children. I selected a 15-year old girl who wanted either a journal and pen or the Twilight books. I chose the journal, thinking maybe she's the next Stephenie Meyer and this would foster her own creativity.

Finally, a blackberry galette is cooling in the kitchen and will be brought with to Gus' program's "One Year To Go" party tonight. I squeezed in this quick blog and an even quicker run before donning, I must admit, a fabulous fashionable frock for the evening's festivities.

A fun and safe Saturday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment