Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pink Slip

The time finally came; I gave notice at work. Like a good girl, I gave five weeks, mainly in the hopes that they will hire someone before I leave so I don’t have to answer questions post-October 1. Twenty-three more days behind the desk and that’s it for me for a good, good long while. I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time, the closing of a long-winded, difficult and choppy chapter and the fulfillment of a promise made years ago. And then, on to the much more appealing position of children-rearing and homemaking. Sounds heavenly from here!

I’ll do my best to remain positive these last few days although it’s hard. I’ve been surviving on a steady diet of short timers for some time now and a resignation letter and another countdown doesn’t help any. But, it’s the busiest time of the year here so I’m hoping for a downhill sprint to the finish. Although my departure won’t be nearly as fantastical as Steven Slater, it will likely bring me the same degree of satisfaction!

“Take this job and shove it I ain't workin' here no more!”
                                                                        --Johnny Paycheck

1 comment:

  1. The ' pink slip' and giving notice makes it really 'real'. I don't know many people who plan their life as you have. I enjoy watching your plan come to fruition!....d

    ReplyDelete